Baraqueville owes its existence to the passage of important communication routes. Indeed, in 1810 only a post office (La Baraque de Fraysse) stood at the crossroads of royal roads that connect one hand Rouergue Villefranche de Millau and the other Toulouse to Rodez (N88 and D911).
The site became populated around the main road in 1872 with the establishment of fairs and then with the arrival of the railway in 1902. The trading of lime, fertilizer, potato, wheat allowed the town to prosper.
In 1909, the Baraque de Fraysse became Baraqueville; this name better suited to his new vocation. In 1938 the construction of a grain elevator was operated on, it still stands above the plateau of Segala.
Then in 1973, became common Baraqueville by merging and Vors Carcennac.
Since she took advantage of the proximity of Rodez to expand beyond the main street, and to develop an industrial round wood and agri-food chains. A modern church was built in 1963 (old virgin and cabinet of the 17th century).
During the golden age of the Potato, the station Baraqueville shipped between 30 and 40 cars of this precious tuber daily. The crisis of 1931-1935 stopped the momentum.