‹‹ home
Le ségala, présentation du territoire Le patrimoine du Ségala Se loger en Ségala La gastronomie du Ségala Les loisirs en Ségala Les fêtes et manifestations en Ségala
Ségala Discovery Accommodation Gastronomy Leisure activities Diary
French version
USEFUL INFORMATION
Brochures
Walking guides
Tourist offices
Access
Videos and photos
Newsletter
Latest news

THE SEGALA REGION
Presentation
The "Ségala Vivant" Association
Districts
Services and leisure facilities

TO FIND OUT MORE
The Ségala on the Internet
Aveyron on the Internet
 CASTELMARY
Village fortifié de Castelmary

Area: 1,181 ha
Altitude: 350 meters
Population: 114 inhabitants (147 in 1990)
Mayor: Mr. Claude Cazals

Town hall
Tel. / Fax 05.65.72.25.00
Wednesday mornings from 8am to 12pm



adresse Mairie - 12800 Castelmary
@ E-mail
www Website
» Services and shops

Village de Castelmary

History

Overlooking the narrow gorges of Lézert its rocky outcrop, the ruins of Castle Castelmary still testify to the rich history of these places in the Middle Ages. Possession of Castelmary of 11 in the 14th century and then Morlhons Vergnes, the fortress was captured by the English, and Jean d'Armagnac besieged it in 1369. The lordship then went to the family and in 1774 the Lagarde Puel Parlan were the last lords of Castelmary. They had bought the barony of Castelmary for 115,700 pounds to the family of the Guard. His fate continued hectic at the end of the 18th, in February 1789 during the explosion of violence that gripped the Segala eight months after the Great Fear.

Today there are only a few walls that are now private. The remains of the church are now crossing the path that bypasses the village entrance and the main tower

The site is listed in the inventory of buildings in France.
Today the economy of the town based on agriculture: cattle, pig, poultry and grain crops for home consumption.

Anecdote

Castelmary called the name of his castle, the town has yet its town hall in the hamlet of Lavernhe, one of the two parishes of the municipality with the Plancade.

Wilderness

Castelmary site, Site wearing Besse on the shores of Viaur.
Through the town, the Lézert is a river which rises in the village of Castanet. Fed by various tributaries, the main ones: the Vayre the Montrau, the Places, as well as the Liort Escudelle. It flows into the Port of Viaur Besse after traveling wild gorges, wooded canyons.

Tradition

Pilgrimage to St. Blaise, February 3 at the Church of Castelmary with blessing of the animals especially pigs.

Around on the town

La Plancade: church of the fifteenth revised and several farmhouses and their outbuildings.
A Lavernhe: 18th century church containing a particular pieta wooden (XVII century) and a door of the sacristy from the church Parish Castelmary. Fountain Lavergne.
La Sabaterie: beautiful architecture of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Castelmary bridge built in schist on two arches.

 

Castelmary vieux pont

 

Le Ségala
 

- Legal

Office de tourisme Pays Segali
Place Jean Boudou 12800 Naucelle
Tél.:05 65 67 16 42
Courriel : o.t.naucellois@orange.fr
Youtube Flickr scoopit

 - Send to a friend
 - Newsletters
 - Add this site to your favorites
 - Your opinion

Page précédentePrevious page
Haut de pageBack to top
ImprimerPrint