The village of Colombier Colombiès formerly grew on the plateau overlooking the gorges of the Aveyron.At the heart of the village you can admire the beautiful traditional houses, some of which are distinguished by their doors and windows dated XV and XVI centuries. Note that the village was fortified in the 15th century. Beautiful outdoor staircases, courtyards and other enclosed porches give the village a certain character. Neo-Romanesque church built in 1880.
The village was a long time until 2317 he counted dynamic inhabitants in 1895, and 22 flour mills and oil. The municipality has several castles or monastic granges which belonged to the abbey of Loc-Dieu.
Jules Bonhomme (1811-1867) owner of the castle was Périé agronomist and causing the introduction into the region of the use of lime, drainage techniques and the use of new instruments of culture.
Andre Cazals, former mayor of the village farmer and Colombiès the Mazet, was one of the players of the Green Revolution in the countryside of Segala and Aveyron. Over the 50 years he participated in the creation of Centres of Technical Agricultural (AACC) which aimed to disseminate the progress and improve productivity.He conducted the National Federation, and also chaired the Chamber of Agriculture of the Aveyron for 15 years.