Naucelle was created by the monks of the Cistercian Bonnecombe (Aveyron). He moved from the XIIth century Bonnefon whose beamed barn on Lower Ségala for 6 centuries. The rise of Naucelle was long hampered by the proximity of the Royal Bastide Sauveterre Rouergue which concentrated all the powers. This situation lasted until the arrival of the railway track which left Sauveterre aside to establish a station 2 km from the center instead Naucelle said Merlin's shack today Naucelle-Station.
Around the town you can still see some vestiges of the fortifications destroyed in the eighteenth century with the door of English (fifteenth century) and the two towers flanking the church Saint-Martin . It was built in 1254 by religious Bonnecombe and was rebuilt during the fifteenth century. The building contains interesting furnishings: crucifixion statues and ancient polychrome wooden tabernacle of an altarpiece of the 17th s, and a large organ built in the workshop of Jean Daldosso, Gimont in the Gers. This is an Italian organ of sixteen games and 945 pipes (1999).
The medieval remains of the village through the arcaded square and half-timbered houses (XV th) Street in the oven. This is Naucelle in and around that was created in the early 70's camping on the farm, although a strange way to spend his holidays in the countryside. Even today some farms welcome tourists.
The people of Naucelle remember the feat of one of their own, John Delbruel, who emerged victorious from a fight with a bear fair day of Naucelle at the end of the nineteenth. (Daniel CROZES). (Daniel CROZES).