The origin of Rieupeyroux is subject to various interpretations, for some it means "stony brook" for others it means "lord of Peyrolles." These are the Benedictine Abbey of St. Martial of Limoges, which are responsible for its creation. They built a monastery around which the town was formed and endowed itself with a protective enclosure. Situated on the Continental Divide that separates the watersheds Viaur and Aveyron, Rieupeyroux has developed on the route of the old road to Lescalopier steward. The Village of Rieupeyroux took advantage of changes in agriculture of Upper Segala. City of potato during the 60s, its economy has diversified and the timber industry developed there about companies that specialize in rustic furniture, carpentry, wooden chalets and doors and windows. Rieupeyroux in the old one can still admire the old houses at Stud. The place is decorated with the gitat covered or stood markets and fairs.The church of Saint-Martial , whose work began in 1031 and was revived in 1253, retains some Romanesque walls of the original building.
Guided tour of the village's summer calendar visits
Anecdote - Unusual
In the church is exposed shoulder blade of the giant Samson could be that of a gigantic and mysterious animal.